Committed to health, development and sustainability.
Akeso Associates is a Seattle based company specializing in global public health and development in low income countries. The company is dedicated to setting the highest standards in global health and development for professionalism, expertise, innovation and development of sustainable solutions that will improve the lives of the poor. The firm has extensive experience in:
HIV/AIDS | TB | malaria | neglected tropical diseases | vaccine preventable diseases | maternal and child health | immunizations | supply chain management | human resource development | health systems strengthening | monitoring and evaluation | epidemiology and surveillance | leadership development | public health capacity building | program management.
Akeso uses scientific evidence and practical business approaches to ensure sustainable impact and fiscal responsibility for all clients we serve.
We provide our clients with:
- Technical expertise that may not exist in-house.
- Multidisciplinary teams of consultants to complete assessment, evaluation and planning projects.
- Rapid response and completion of high-quality deliverables to meet urgent deadlines.
- Cost-efficient approaches for short-term assistance without adding to ongoing payroll burdens.
- A mechanism to engage individuals quickly and on a temporary basis when needed to facilitate rapid program scale up or emergency response.
Akeso’s Senior Partners carefully screen potential consultants before adding them to our roster. All of our consultants have advanced degrees and their areas of work and expertise cover a wide variety of fields. Akeso’s Senior Partners match consultants to the needs of clients, and to the extent possible aim to place local consultants, reducing the cost to the client. Senior Partners supervise the work of consultants throughout the contract agreement, and ensure that Akeso’s work is of the highest quality.
We are structured in such a way that we can respond quickly to our client’s needs. We can often have a team in the field in less than two weeks, and our in-country consultants can respond quickly and with confidence using their local knowledge and experience.
Recent Examples of Akeso’s Work
- Akeso conducted a mid-term evaluation of a large surveillance project in multiple countries in Francophone Africa
- Akeso assessed the opinions of key global and in-country stakeholders on their willingness-to-pay for a proposed new vaccine
- Akeso competed a strategic plan and implementation roadmap for a large African NGO
- Akeso provided a global NGO with operational and management strengthening and strategic direction
- Akeso developed a monitoring and evaluation framework for a multi-country vaccine implementation project
- Akeso assisted a US-based university with project planning, operational strengthening, grantwriting, and proposal development
For more examples of Akeso’s past work, click here.